Lakeview Eyecare and COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Your care and wellbeing remain our highest priority. We hope you are well and coping with this unprecedented situation.
We are still open and accepting emergency appointments on reduced hours and skeleton staff only. We are taking the utmost care in disinfection to protect you and minimise any spread of the virus. However, we recommend that patients over 60 or those in direct contact with at-risk groups STAY AT HOME.
We are continually monitoring the situation and receive regular updates from government.
We are happy to take phone orders for any product and post them to you at no charge. If you are a contact lens wearer, you can access our new online store. Use the code CLCLUB for a 10% discount.
DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IF:
- You feel unwell in any way.
- You are coughing or sneezing.
- You have been in contact with anyone with confirmed or even suspected of having COVID-19.
- You are over 60 or are in direct contact with anyone in at-risk groups.
- Ideally, do not make an appointment unless your situation is urgent or is an emergency.
If at all possible, STAY AT HOME
We can't wait for this situation to resolve in the coming months, and look forward to seeing everyone for their regular visits. Remember this situation won't last forever.
IF YOU HAVE GLASSES TO COLLECT:
If you have ordered glasses, you are welcome to collect them, however we would prefer to post them to you
at no charge.
OUR HYGIENE PROCEDURES:
For your safety, we are taking the following steps to minimise the risk of infection above and beyond our normal infection control practices:
- All spectacle frames tried on by customers are disinfected before being returned to the shelves.
- All patients are screened when making appointments over the phone or online.
- All equipment is disinfected between patients.
- We have limited access to the store to only 2 customers at a time.
- Our appointment times have been extended to reduce contact between patients.
Of course our normal practices such as washing hands and sterilisation of ophthalmic equipment continues, and has been enhanced according to Optometrists Association Australia guidelines.
We have also instituted free delivery of all contact lenses and other products where delivery is possible.
OVER THE PHONE AND VIDEO APPOINTMENTS:
These are not yet available to optometrists, but we expect that to change in the coming days. We will update this page with further information when it becomes available.
For any further information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 039772 9255.