Lakeview Eyecare and COVID-19 - Step 2 Restrictions
The care and well-being of you and our staff continue to remain our highest priority. We hope you are well and coping with this unprecedented situation.
To minimise risk of transmission of the virus, we are reducing hours and limiting the type of appointments we are seeing. Of course we have strict disinfection protocols in place.
ONLY MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IF:
- If you have an emergency, we will be able to see you immediately. Please call first to confirm we are open.
- If you have an urgent condition that requires a treatment that cannot wait 6 weeks we will be able to see you.
- If your glasses are broken or need urgent repairs, we can repair your glasses.
- If your care has been delayed, and further delay will worsen your condition.
- If you have a chronic condition that requires regular review.
Please note that you will be required to wear a mask at your visit, and DO NOT bring anyone into the practice with you
If you just want a routine check, we cannot examine your eyes at the moment.
OUR NEW APPOINTMENT HOURS
Monday 9:30am to 4:00pm
Tuesday 9:30am to 4:00pm
Wednesday 9:30am to 4:00pm
Thursday 9:30am to 4:00pm
Friday 9:30am to 4:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Please note these hours may change on short notice, however we expect to maintain these hours at a minimum.
DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IF:
- You have a fever.
- You feel unwell in any way.
- You are coughing or sneezing.
- You have been in contact with anyone with confirmed or even suspected of having COVID-19.
- You have a runny nose.
- You have lost your sense of smell or taste.
Call first to discuss your situation if this applies to you.
Please respect our social distancing measures in-store, and respect the directions of staff.
OUR ONLINE STORE
Our online store
allows you to buy contact lenses, Macuvision, Lacritec and other dry eye products directly and have them posted to you.
Contact lens purchasers enjoy free delivery on all purchases.
Payment by card or AfterPay available, or you can arrange alternative payment by phone.
OUR HYGIENE PROCEDURES:
For your safety, we are taking the following steps to minimise the risk of infection above and beyond our normal infection control practices:
- All spectacle frames tried on by customers are disinfected before being returned to the shelves.
- All patients are screened when making appointments over the phone or online.
- All equipment is disinfected between patients.
- Access to the store is limited to those with appointments.
- Social Distancing guidelines and indicators are in force within the store.
- All patients will need to have their temperature checked upon entry.
- Our appointment times have been extended to reduce contact between patients.
- Benches, door handles and chairs are regularly cleaned with a COVID-killing disinfectant.
- Protective screens at the front counter and spectacle delivery desk.
Of course our normal practices such as washing hands and sterilisation of ophthalmic equipment continues, and has been enhanced according to Optometrists Association Australia guidelines.
We have also instituted free delivery of all contact lenses.WHAT IS COMING NEXT
We have been advised by the State and Federal Governments that we will be returning to routine care as of Step 3
of the COVID recovery plan.
For any further information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 03 9772 9255. Please leave a message if we do not answer your call.
We can't wait for this to all be over. We look forward to seeing everyone for routine examinations again soon!